"National Cadet Corps : This is a two year programme and can be extended for extra
one year. The students are enrolled in the senior division of National Cadet Corp. The
enrolled students has to undergo four hours per week service training/combined
parade and minimum period of 65 hours in an academic year"
Motto & Aim of NCC: The motto of NCC is 'unity & discipline' which was adopted
on 23 December 1957. In living up to its motto, the NCC strives to be and is one of the
greatest cohesive forces of the nation, bringing together the youth hailing from
different parts of the country and molding them into united, secular and disciplined
citizens of the nation.
NCC aims at developing discipline, character, brotherhood, the spirit of
adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Not only these, it also
aims to enlighten leadership qualities among the youth who will serve the nation
regardless of which career they choose. It also motivates the young to choose a career
in armed forces.
Benefits of NCC :
1. NCC cadets holding NCC "C" cert and taken part in republic day parade at New
Delhi, they should be exempted from CEE and be awarded 100 marks in lieu.
Candidates who are NCC "c" cert holders and have participated in republic day
parade are a selected lot from schools and colleges, motivated and intelligent and in
most case they are academically doing well. It would be a good incentive to much
NCC cadets to join army in the prestigous trades such as sol tech/NA/CIk & skt.
2. With Army wing Certificate, you are entitled 20-25 reserved vacancies each course
of IMAirrespective of your position in merit list. Similar for AFAand INAtoo.
3. Under NCC Special Entry, you will not be required to write CDS exam and will
directly be called for the SSB for all three forces depending upon the wing of NCC
you were trained in i.e. Army Navy or Air force wing.
4. Written exam for Soldier GD is waived off and bonus marks for Soldier Technical
5. 10-15 bonus marks in paramilitary forcess recruitement i.e. BSF, CISF, CRPF,
6. Bonus marks in state police recruitments
7. Reserved vacancies in private sector industries such as Reliance Industries for the
post of Security Officer
8. Preference in CAPF and CPO interviews.
9. When mentioned in your resume, it will hint about your personality.
10. OTAChennai-50 vacancies for 'C'certificate holders for NCC Spl.Entry(non tech)
11. IMA-13-15 vacancies reserved for 'C' Certificate (Army Wing) holders.
12. If a candidate wants to join the defense as Soldier GD/clk/skt/tech/tdn cat, he will
be eligible for the award of following benefits :
'A' cert 05 marks (GD) 05 marks (clk/skt/tech) 05 marks (tdn)
'B' cert 10 marks (GD) 05 marks (clk/skt/tech) 10 marks (tdn) 'C' cert: Holders
of 'C' cert and who have participated in republic day parade will be exempted from
CEE for rect sol clk/skt,sol tech and sol NA cat and will be awarded 100% marks in
lieu of CEE.
13. For ORs, Sailors, Airmen : 5 to 10 percent bonus marks awarded for recruitment.
14. Para Military Forces : 2 to 10 bonus marks awarded for recruitment
15. To develop leadership qualities in cadets
16. To develop a sense of social responsibility in cadets.
Certificates & Examination :For 'B' Certificate Examination 1. Cadet must be in second year of SD NCC Training
2. Must have attended one Annual Training Camp/NIC/Attachment training with
regular Army, Navy, Air Force Units.
3. Cadets possessing 'A' Certificate will be awarded 10 bonus marks.
4. The cadet must have attended a minimum of 75% of total training period laid down
in the syllabus for the first and second years for Senior Division Wing NCC (All
5. "If he had been on the unit rolls for a minimum of two years before his discharge and
had attended 75% of the total periods during his NCC service he will need another 45
periods of training to become eligible for certificate 'B' Examination. In all other cases
where above conditions are not fulfilled, the cadet must attend a minimum 75%
periods of the first and second years of training."
"C" Certificate Examination
1.Cadet must have passsed 'B' certificate.
2.The Cadet must be in second/third year of SD/SWNCC Training
3. The Cadet must have attended a minimum of 75% of the periods of 3rd year
syllabus during the academic session.
4. Break in the NCC Service of the SD/SW Cadet prior to appearing in the exam
should not exceed more than 18 months at one time, after his discharge to count his
previous service for Certificate 'C' examination. In case the break exceeds 18
months, the following procedure will be adopted
5. "If he had been on the Unit rolls for a minimum of two years before his discharge
and had attended 75% of the total period during his NCC service, he will need another
45 periods of training to become eligible for Certificate 'C' examination. In all other
cases where above conditions are not fulfilled, the Cadet must attend a minimum of
75% periods of the first and second year of training."
Must have attended two Camp.
1) Grading 'A' - Cadets obtaining 80% marks and above.
2) Grading 'B' - Cadets obtaining 65% marks and above but below 80%.
3) Grading 'C' - Cadets obtaining 50% marks and above but below 65%.
4) Fail - Cadets obtaining less than 45% in any paper or less than 50% in
Training Camp : Every officer and cadet of the college shall be liable during the
training year to attend camp for fourteen (14) day duration as per the rules.
Social Service Training : Every officer and cadet of the senior division, A directed,
be liable to undergo social service training
a) Every officer and cadet shall, when undergoing training obey the orders and
carry out directions of any person who in placed in command over him.
b) An officer a cadet posted in senior division, when undergoing training
comitts an offence, if he does any of the following namely.
i) Strikes, or uses or offers violence to or uses threatening or
insubordinate language, behaves with contempt towards his superior